Interns must establish and maintain an e-mail address that contains his/her first and last names i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org . A thumbnail photograph of the Intern MUST be included in the e-mail heading.
It is the responsibility of the Intern to keep his/her e-mail address up to date with the Program Office and with Preceptors.
Intern MUST check e-mail DAILY.
Interns should be comfortable with basic computer skills, such as the ability to utilize a web browser like Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari or Chrome and be able to send/receive e-mails. The Intern must have knowledge of Microsoft Office components like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher and the ability to upload or download documents and files.
Minimum Hardware / Software Requirements
The Intern MUST:
- have a computer (Mac or Windows) with at least 128MB RAM (256MB preferred)
- have 2 thumb drives, one provided by the Program and a second of equal storage capacity
- have a webcam and headset with earphones and microphone
- have a printer/scanner
- be familiar with basic computer skills
- be connected to the internet
- have an e-mail program and account
- have at least a 56 kbps modem (DSL or Broadband Cable recommended)
- have a Java capable browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari)
- have an up to date antivirus program
The software commonly used by PNCDDI can be accessed with most of today's desktop or laptop computers - both PC and MAC. High speed Internet connection (DSL/cable) is recommended, especially since you will uploading and downloading files frequently - and some of the file sizes may be large.
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher) will be required for your required written work. Office 2010 recommended, Office 2007 acceptable.
Mozilla Firefox (for PC or Mac) or Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser (latest version, for PC) or Google Chrome
Safari (latest version, for Mac)
- Common Plug-in Requirements ("Plug-ins" are free add-ins that allow certain features to function with your browser or application):
Real Media: http://www.real.com/ (be sure to click on "Get It Free") Adobe Flash Player: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
Adobe Acrobat Reader: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.htm Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack (for older versions of Microsoft Office): Download
Note regarding e-mail: Spam filters and firewalls may prevent you from receiving messages. Please add the domain “@prioritynutritioncare.com" AND the address "PNCInternship3@gamail.com” to your "Safe Sender" list.